ASC graces us with his second offering on Pushing Red and one of the strongest releases yet.
A fantastic follow up to his debut on the label and one that shows his versatility and strength for techno. ‘Proton’ starts off with chest thumping kicks and a clever undulating bassline as in true ASC fashion. Blips & bleeps weave in and out of the background before the snare drops in to take the track onwards. Will do damage on any dancefloor. ‘Electron’ is another deep techno piece. A solid 4/4 keeps the momentum strong with pulsating bass and smooth melodies. Body and mind music
Out now to purchase at all retailers holding down the Pushing Red sound.
2012 has been a fulfilling year for IM:Ltd and with the sonic summer being definitively over, the French based label gets back moodier than ever with ‘Junction 12’, a collection of 6 meticulously picked Drum & Bass tracks from some of the hottest talents on board that comes in the form of a 3×12” vinyl series. Disc 1 sees Berlin producer Es.tereo going back to some of his darker playgrounds with ‘Junction 12’, an autonomic influenced stepper forged on obsessive robotic vocals and industrial klanks. On the B side, French techstep veterans Kantyze deliver a surprisingly uncluttered roller named ‘Tough Breaker’. Simple & efficient.
With releases on labels such as Goldie’s legendary imprint Metalheadz , 2012 has been a wealthy year as well for Mortem as he returns to IM:Ltd with ‘Converter’, another brilliant track that won’t contradict his well earned reputation for creating music that causes serious damages on dance floors across the globe. The flip consist of ‘Amour King’, the first vinyl effort from Quartz , a new duo hailing from Cardiff.
On Disc 3, Gerwin steps up his game with ‘It’s All In Your Head’, a seedy piece of minimal tech funk. Once again, his ease and versatility definitively makes him one of the name to be watched out for in the coming months.
Last but not least, Belgian producer Atmospherix teams up with S-Vb for some ‘Modular Revenge’.
Raw sickness. Bag It
Once again, searching the web for some killer remixes and/ or productions, I was more than pleasantly surprised to stumble across a young producer from Charlotte, USA. Theres actually 6 pieces to pick up on his Bandcamp page but its this remix album I’ve fallen for.
Scottie Royal crafts Hip-Hop remixes that sit perfectly alongside the carefully selected vocals. I’ve had this on rotation in the car for the best part of a month and it still sounds fresh.
There’s an incredible amount of soul and funk on offer here and more than enough for you to realise that Scottie Royal is a proficient producer who clearly understands his music and his tools.
A personal favorite is the K-OS track, Burning Bridges.
Bag the whole lot and chuck him some monetary rewards because this guy is a badman.
For this christmas, bass music photographer and street art connoisseur Ashes57 has gifted us this incredible collection of shots taken between 2006 and 2009 in the cities of New York, London & Berlin. Available in a nicely flickable PDF format, the works included are inspirational and at times amusingly controversial.
After peeping this make sure you check Ashes57’s Flickr for some great portraits and concert photography from TNGHT, Mala, Boiler Room & more.
Easy! Back in the lab with the Robot seeking out some of the finest bass music out there. Theres all styles on there from deep Panda cut, rolling jungle vibes from Phil Tangent and ARP XP right through to the sounds of fellow Mancunians Qualmsound and Earl Grey. All of this is capped off with the mighty Pawcut and a new badman track from RDubz. Dig it! Stream or download the 320 from the link below
Dub – Panda
Too Much War – RSD
Beat Of The Drum (Throwing Snow RMX) – Happa
Omun – Qualmsound
Beneath – Stiver
Romero (Earl Grey RMX) – Floral
Restitution – Phil Tangent
Surrealism – ARP XP
Shadowlands – Lynx & Hellrazor
Soul Truth – Gerwin
Elegy – Pawcut
Too Much Expectation – RDubz
Here at the Robot Bodypop our ethos has been the focus on future beats leaning more towards the more electronic side of music however we also feel anyone doing anything new with existing music also deserves mentions.
As big Hip-Hop fans we’re loving the work beatsmith Freddie Joachim has produced over the last few years with his fresh and ,dare we say it, more soulful take on some of some of hip-hops finest tracks. To take a look at how this guy works, check him out in his studio
Born in the Philippines, and raised in San Diego, CA, Freddie is a keen listener and collector of hip hop, jazz, and soul music. Starting as most of us do with DJing in 1996 he slowly progressed into recording and production, and musicianship. It’s these remixes that have caught our recent attention despite being available for some time. Tracks in there from Common, Mos Def, Erykah Badu, Slum Village, Mothod Man & Redman and even the dark vibes from Mobb Deep is reworked into soulful brilliance
Not too sure how long these remixes will remain available as they are put out there by the man himself here. Full tracklisting below and a direct link to all the tracks can be found hosted here. Get involved.
VOL. 1 (2005)
01. Mos Def – Travellin Man (Freddie Joachim Remix)
02. Mobb Deep – Quiet Storm (Freddie Joachim Remix)
03. Talib Kweli – Get By (Freddie Joachim Remix
04. Common – The Corner (Freddie Joachim Remix)
05. Erykah Badu – On & On (Freddie Joachim Remix)
06. Mos Def – Work It Out (Freddie Joachim Remix)
07. Scarface – Smile Ft 2pac (Freddie Joachim Remix)
08. Reflection Eternal – Good Mourning (Freddie Joachim Remix)
09. Common – The Light (Freddie Joachim Remix)
10. Homeliss Derilex – Cash Money (Freddie Joachim Remix)
VOL. 2 (2006)
01. Mos Def – Mathematics (Freddie Joachim Remix)
02. Reflection Eternal – Move Somethin (Freddie Joachim Remix)
03. Cypher Optics – Stimutax (Freddie Joachim Remix)
04. Method Man & Redman – How High (Freddie Joachim Remix)
05. Beatjunkies – Sick Days Ft LMNO (Freddie Joachim Remix)
06. Little Brother – The Way You Do It (Freddie Joachim Remix)
07. Mos Def – Ms Fat Booty (Freddie Joachim Remix)
VOL. 3 (2007)
01. Common – Resurrection (Joachim Remix)
02. Common – The Light (Freddie Joachim Remix)
03. Freddie Joachim – Brown Crayon
04. Freddie Joachim – The Generations
05. Jill Scott – Love Rain Ft Mos Def (Head Nod Joachim Remix)
06. Nas – If I Ruled The World (Freddie Joachim Remix)
07. Nice & Smooth – Blazing Hot (Freddie Joachim Remix)
08. Talib Kweli – Get By (Joachim Remix)
09. Talib Kweli – Rock On (Joachim Remix)
VOL. 4 (2008)
01. Freddie Joachim – Marie Ft Choice37 (Remix)
02. Common – I Used To Love Her (Freddie Joachim Remix)
03. Common – The Light Ft Erykah Badu (Freddie Joachim Remix)
04. Freddie Joachim – Matter Of Time Ft Surreal (Remix)
05. Himuki – Hold On Ft Sene (Freddie Joachim Remix V.2)
06. Slum Village – EZ Up (Freddie Joachim Remix)
07. Slum Village – Get Dis Money (Freddie Joachim Remix)
08. The Office – Dunder Mifflin Infinity (Freddie Joachim Remix)
09. Freddie Joachim – Love Is Ft Profile & Latanya Lockett (Remix)
10. Son Of Ran – As Long As There’s You (Freddie Joachim Remix)
11. Stevie Wonder – Uptight (Freddie Joachim Remix)
12. Freddie Joachim – Color Blue
13. Freddie Joachim – Summer Breeze