ON THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
With the Transmit Sessions we’re trying to get people to represent their individual sounds and vibes be it through music they make or put out there for others through imprints and releases. Russia’s N.Killah keeps it all in house. Both D.J. and producer he also founded and runs the mighty N.Realm Recs label. The label is dedicated to, in his own words, ‘true dubstep’.
Keeping to the deep vibes but not scared to experiment, the label has already stacked up an impressive release roster with plenty more to come throughout 2012. The most recent release is N.Killahs impressive ‘The End’ E.P
On top of all this, N.Killah also manages to find time to put out the 4VIVBES podcast which is packed full of plenty of bass music featuring some of the labels other artists. The most recent show sees Forensics in the mix with a serious selection of tracks from all corners.
N.Killah kindly took a minute to talk to us:
1. how did N:realm recordings come to be? have you always wanted to run your own label?
N;realm has been created absolutely spontaneously. First I released two of my own tracks. Then my friends have supported me and gave their tracks for free.
2. You appear to be very proud of what you’re building with N.Realm Recs. Tell me about the dubstep scene in Russia
The stage exists. There is a lot of awsome artists, various podcasts, radio shows…
But much less fans of true dubstep. 80 percent of dubstep people likes Skrillex
and think that this is a gold standard of fat sound.
3. Social networking means its easier to build a more personal relationship with followers of your music. How important is it for you to keep in close contact with fans of your music?
I always keep in it. For example in time of tour after each set I always buy some beers and buzz with “mortals” I always answer on messages in social networks.
4. whats your favourite track on your label?
Hard to make a choice ’cause I like everyone. But leaders is:
1 Roofout – Best Spring
2 Crispo – Moments
3 N.Killah – Maybe
5. what producers should we look out for?
N’Killah! No kidding is Faib, Pixelord, Roofout, Crispo (CRSP), Reixtra.
6. whats your favourite track in your record collection and why?
Tes La Rok – Cold Blooded – I never get tired of that track!
7. what are your influences?
Everything around… Music, movies, videogames, smoke
8. Do you think its important for producers to try new things musically?
To do something new is important in any deed. Progress is our life!
9. When are you bringing Robot Bodypop to Russia?
When russian people stop sacrifice their kids in the name of Skrillex.
But I told about RBP to my fans and friends.
10. Whats the biggest animal you can throw over a crossbar?
Dog Sony ERS-7W AIBO ))
Transmit 4, incoming!